Buy a Law Firm
We charge an initial £500 + VAT for legal practises who wish to advertise here. Additionally if you're looking to sell a law firm and require a valuation please contact us separately.
B11347. Client wants to buy PPI Claims Companies.
B11139. Any law firm with Personal Injury WIP. Our client will buy PI WIP on it's own.
B11335. Our client wishes to buy two law firms, specifically a Crime firm and an Immigration firm. Both should have legal aid contracts.
Law Firms for Sale
The following opportunities may be of interest;
- Dagenham. Sole practitioner law firm established 1980. Dagenham based (East of London). Commercial, Probate and Family. Member of Law Soc Children Panel. Converted to an LLP on 1st Feb 2014. High growth in Domestic Violence Dept. Profitable with growth forecast for 2017 15-20%. Asking price of £250k. S1028
- East Sussex. Very profitable high street practice based in East Sussex is offered for sale due to the sole practitioners bad health. 2016/17 turnover £280k with last there years average profit before tax and drawings of 44%. MAINLY CONVEYANCING. Asking £140k. S1034
- Mayfair based high end law firm. Asking £1.5 million. Details on Application. S1051
- Slough based 3 partner practice with 6 staff established 1998. PI, Family, Civil. Conveyancing (CQS) Immigration, Housing, Notary Public & Probate. Sitting on 15 panels. £780k t/o with £111k net profit before tax. Never borrowed nor had an overdraft in their 20 years. WIP approx £200k. Asking £350k or offers. S1056
- Hampshire. A Notary Practice regulated not by the SRA but the Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury. Focusing exclusively on legal advice to older people, the disabled, their carers and their families. Non-means tested funding of care, powers of attorney and the Court of Protection, as well as the more traditional areas of inheritance tax, wills, probate and trusts.Turnover av £250k. Comprising probate 56%, POA/COP 21%, residential conveyancing 13%, Wills 8%, Notary 2%. No legal aid franchises held. Not on any conveyancing panels. S1076
- West London. General boutique practice established in 2008. Commercial, litigation, property, conveyancing, immigration, personal injury, probate, wills and trusts with a specialist area of employment law. Sole practitioner with 1 solicitor, 2 consultant solicitors and a paralegal. 2017 turnover of £332,319 courtesy of a high level of repeate business from local firms and individuals. Approximately £150,000 in WIP. Low PI cover. No claims history. S1078
- North East & South West. A law firm with offices based in the North East and South Westh as a new SRA registered ABS law firm in which they are looking for lawyers to join them as co-owners. They would run the back office and support services including COLP and COFA. S1079
- Birmingham. Coming shortly a Birmingham based £2.5 million turnover high street firm. Details will be released as soon as possible. S1081
Hertfordshire. Sole Practitioner selling a Family Law law firm based in North West London. Averaged 43% year on year growth during the last 3 years. 2 Paralegals. Current WIP of circa £100k. No claims, liabilities loans or overdrafts. £3k PI premium. Rented premises. Referral and web business only. Generous hand over period. T/O to April 2018 of £133k with NPBT & D of £66k. Lexcel Accredited. Asking £75k. S1082
- East Of England Law firm established for over 10 years. A virtually paperless firm who are well established and respected. 40% children, 20% residential conveyancing, they are on two lending panels, 15% matrimonial and family, 10% probate and 10% wills and trusts. 9,000 wills held plus 1,000 unregistered deeds. The firm holds two legal aid contracts in Civil Matters and Family Matters and have their extended 12 month forecasts set to double, from £519,000 revenue and £130,000, net profit before tax. With 3 solicitors, 7 legal assistants and 3 administrators they hold a Specialist Quality Mark (SQM). The team are happy to stay but are looking to expand their management structure. S1083
- Peterborough. £600k turnover with £100k profit. Family Legal Aid Contract, Conveyancing, Wills & Probate (2,300 Wills), Civil Litigation and Commercial. Impressive Lexcel report. The Principal will remain for upto 2 years to ensure a smooth transition. S1093
- A UK registered untraded company without a banking licence, but which contains the word BANK within it’s name. Registered prior to the cessation of this word to be used in a company’s name. £150,000. S1096.
- Portsmouth. Established in 1999 we have a law firm based in Portsmouth with 14% commercial and corporate, 54% conveyancing, (sitting on 54 panels), 6% debt, 3% employment, 4% litigious, 10% wills and trusts and a mixed balance. Holding 1,850 wills and trusts. Turning over £2million with £22k net profit before tax. Current WIP £296k. 28 staff of which 14 are fee earners. S1098
- London Docklands. We can offer a London Docklands based combined non-regulated LLP and Ltd. They are non-regulated as only non-reserved legal services business, providing broad range of commercial contract drafting and data protection services, are undertaken by both entities. In 2018 LLP recorded turnover of £219k and £87k profit before tax, while the Ltd recorded £64k and PBT of £51k. Current WIP is £83k of which 50% is Commercial and Corporate, 20% e-Commerce and IT, 25% GDPR compliance, data protection and advisory while the 5% is non-contentious employment. Very low PI cover premium. Clients are broad based and come from a variety of industry sectors, such as data broking to franchises and online publishers. The companies will come complete including ecommerce website selling template, GDPR documentation and remote data protection officer services. S1100
- Dewsbury and London. Two live Family Law Contracts available at £15k each. S1102
- North London. We have a modern property law firm designed to take the stress out of moving home, for sale based just North of London. They are a CLC accredited conveyancer and an ABS, and have been working to reinvent the process of buying or selling a house. They are on every panel except for Tesco, Metro, Leeds, TSB and Co-op. With 100% conveyancing they have WIP of £350k and draft turnover of £702k for last 12 months. They have developed proprietary technology, including a bespoke app for every customer, to enable house buyers and sellers to track the progress of their move at every stage. With dedicated specialists, no hidden fees, they have been able to develop these systems through loyal and significant investors. The founder and MD now wishes to take up a new challenge. Head of Legal works with 3 technical lawyers and 10 conveyancers supported by 4 telesales and admin staff, with 1/3 home based. Full remote working IT systems and monitoring in place. S1108
- Manchester. An award winning sole practitioner achieving the UK’s No: 1 fastest growing female led business. Personal recognition given by the Prime Minister and The Times. Mainly involved with commercial and corporate work with some debt collection, children, mental health & welfare plus wills, trusts and tax planning. 304 wills held. Turning over £265k and an NBT of £63k. SP plus 2 fee earners, 1 paralegal and a part time book-keeper. LFYB certified. S1117
- Shropshire. Branch of a well known Northern law firm, established for over 200 years, which is to be sold off. Operating in company, commercial, employment, property, tenancy, dispute resolution, private client, agricultural probate and estate matters. There are two lawyers in place plus one fee earner, one lawyer would like to retire in about a year’s time. The others will stay on together with two legal secretaries. CQS. Turnover £430k Profit £100k. Offered at £90k. S1120
- East of England. Established almost a decade ago turning over £687k and producing an EBITDA of £179k, from 69% residential conveyancing, 20% notarial work, 5% wills & probate 3% non-litigious, and 3% commercial conveyancing, with 23 staff, 14 of whom are fee sharers. They sit on 70 panels and have 13 satellite regional offices (with no fixed costs). Assets include successful custom case management software in which they have invested £300,000, and a recently refurbished high street office with window frontage which they have purchased on a 999-year lease (no ground rent) valued at £300,000. WIP is estimated at £200k. CQS and ISO 9001. Offers invited for the whole in excess of £700,000. S1121
- Northamptonshire. Formed as an LLP in 2012 we have a partnership for sale. 27% conveyancing. 24% Family. 14% Probate. 32% Wills with 250 held. Clean history with no claims nor complaints. £278k fees with £110k profit. WIP running at £10k pm. 3 fee earners + 2 part time legal secs and 3 support staff. The only high street practice in a market town offering a wealth of experience and knowledge to the local community in conveyancing for house sales and purchases and remortgages, they are on 13 conveyancing panels, and work in divorce, and finances for separating couples, including co-habitees, prenuptial agreements, and advice on children, wills, trusts and probate matters contentious and non contentious. They also offer employment law and some commercial property advice and representation. CQS accredited. S1124
- Northwood. Two Family legal aid contracts: The first is based in Northwood, covering Middlesex and Hertfordshire, and a second based in Burnham covering Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. These commenced in November of 1999 and currently run until 2021. However the Legal Aid Agency have commented that they will be automatically extended, possibly for another 3 to 5 years. The current holder will retain the physical offices and, with 27 years PQE, is willing to act as the supervisor for the acquiring firm with the LAA, for a fee depending upon the level of involvement required. Asking price of £120k. S1127
- German Law Firm. We are pleased to offer an English speaking German Ltd law firm with offices in the North and South of Germany, Spain and China, specialising in Patent law, IPR and Patent litigation. Turning over €4m with a net profit before tax of €1.5m. Their focus is to support their domestic and international clients in acquiring, expanding, defending, litigating and managing intellectual property rights throughout the world. As European and German patent attorneys, they represent their clients before the European Patent Office (EPO), the German Patent and Trademark Office (GPTO), the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). S1128
- Bradford. A very clean sole practitioner based established in 2008. No Claims ever. No liabilities and no complaints. 50% mediation, 40% expert witness. 6% immigration. 2% conveyancing. 2% trusts. All from referrals and repeat business. The principal is now engaged in international mediation work in the MENA region. He is willing to stay on as a consultant if required on £35k pro rata. Asking price for the going concern is £55k. S1129
- Nottingham. Small immigration specialist turning over £100k but growing rapidly online. Details to follow. S1132
- B11056. A law firm with a retiring sole practitioner in or near Wolverhampton.
- B11065. Acquisition of a law firm with a Family Legal Aid Contract.
- B11075. Wanted immediately: A practice that specialises in property and has an established Estate Agency attached. Preferred location is in Yorkshire or adjoining counties. Alternatively an estate agency for sale in this area would be acceptable.
- B11075/2. A Crime Legal Aid Contract(s) within 20 miles of Bradford. Our Client is willing to buy the contract or the firm.
- B11091. A Buckinghamshire based law firm looking to acquire a Criminal Aid Contract anywhere in the UK. Offices facilities in the locale preferred.
- B11098. Wanted a law firm for sale within 25 mile of Leicester.
- B11107. A well established law firm based in Rochdale are looking to acquire firms, or WIP, in involved with Medical Injuries, Serious Injuries, and Industrial disease.
- B11139. URGENTLY WANTED. Any law firm with Personal Injury WIP, or our client will buy the PI WIP alone.
- B11148. Law firm shell wanted with PI cover in place, anywhere in the UK.
- B11150. Any law firm, big or small, based in the North East of England.
- B11165. Wanted a UK based Claims Management Company.
- B11176. TRAINING CONTRACT sought in the NORTH WEST for a bright young student. There are no charges associated with this introduction.
- B11184. Wanted: looking for a Small/medium claimant PI practice in the North West, South West or South Wales.
- B11195. We have a Canadian client who is looking to acquire an English or Welsh law firm that is both profitable and turning over between £2 - £5 million. The purpose of the acquisition is intended to lead to an IPO on the London Stock Exchange. The purchaser currently consists of two law firms with combined revenues of $5 million. The desired timeline is for a completion within a year.
- B11196. Wanted to acquire a general practice law firm based within reach of Stockton-on-Tees.
- B11199. Wanted to acquire a law firm with a Criminal Aid Contract in Yorkshire and the North West.
- B11204. An SRA lawyer looking to acquire a Conveyancing firm with CQS in Leeds.
- B11206. Experienced client with a law degree looking to buy or join an ABS to undertake a training contract and then acquire the whole. Brings a very large client base within the Midlands.
- B11207. Wanted: Sole practitioners or small law firms in the West Midlands area looking to retire or wind down to avoid run off costs.
- B11249. To purchase Personal Injury and Medical Negligence WIPs and aged debtors books.
- B11271. Wanted. A law firm in Wales, preferably operating from one office: Turnover £1m to £3m. Profit not important. Run off insurance paid if any directors/partners wish to retire. PI insurance not essential. No legal aid. Skillset required in order of preference (not all essential). A wills bank/ probate work - Conveyancing (commercial and residential) – Corporate - Agricultural law - Anything else specialistic; tax law, etc - Family law (private) – Litigation.
- B11328. Wanted to Purchase: An employment law firm anywhere within the UK Preferably an ABS but operational with working PI in place.
- B11353. South East based Corporate/Commercial Law firm looking to acquire firm with t/o £100k-£300k. Target firm would have a strong litigious/contentious or commercial property element, the seller would be willing to work with the buyer on a consultancy basis to oversee the transition and transfer of skills to junior fee earners.
- FSC 4067. Seeking an Immigration Legal Aid Contract, anywhere in the UK.
- B11382. International partner firm sought turnover around £2m. Our client has offices in Cardiff, Pembroke Dock, Bristol, London and Oxford.
Long Term Wanted
- B11176/1. We have a client looking to acquire a prosperous legal multi-skilled law practice within the next five years. Therefore they are looking to get involved with, to work with, and support an existing practice, where a partner, partners or the sole practitioner, is looking to retire, in the next five years. This will involve a training contract. Our client is happy to enter into high level discussions with a law firm preferably based in the North West.
As always we welcome Fee Sharing lawyers and currently have firms through out England & Wales looking for such individuals. We currently have an urgent requirement for an Immigration Solicitor (Fee Sharing) in North London.
If you'd like to discuss listing your firm for sale, on a P&C basis, or wish to discuss the opportunities above please contact either myself or Nick Parker for further details via 0845 603 0708 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively please follow us on Twitter via twitter.com/@Legalbrokers
Legal Brokers Ltd
Law Firm Sales, Purchases and Valuations
North London. We have a six person law firm based in North London looking to merge, to further grow their CQS accredited property department. Specialising in residential and commercial conveyancing along with PI and medical negligence and housing disrepair. Turning over £620k with an NPBT of £141k and a WIP of £367k. They now seek a new partner to join them (an individual or firm) and drive the property department forward or indeed a full merger with a firm to undertake this advance. They are fully GDPR compliant. Their IT systems are fully up to date. They have proclaim and in-touch for conveyancing. Their conveyancing software is state of the art – it provides 24 hour updates to clients via an app. Its designed for a high flow of work. S1112
North West. A retiring sole practitioner specialising in crime (95% of revenue) with legal aid contract seeks a buyer. The firm is based in the North West with 7 fee earners and 5 support turning over £650k with average net profit of 20% over last three years. The owner is particularly sensitive to confidentiality in this matter in respect of local competition and staff. Lexcel accredited. S1114
Manchester based high street practice established in 1980 has come up for sale where the partners both wish to retire, but one partner is happy to give a generous handover period. 70% mental health tribunal, children and welfare; 8% residential conveyancing; 16% matrimonial and family and 6% wills (200held), trusts and tax planning. Last audited at £131k and £43k profit before tax and growing steadily over the previous two years. 2 partners and 2 support staff. WIP £25k. They hold a current Family Legal Aid contract. SQA certified. S1115
Manchester. Specialist Employment Tribunal Law Firm based near Manchester seeks a buyer/partner to support their growth and momentum. Established in August 2012. Became regulated by the MOJ in 2014. The firm became SRA regulated as an ABS in March 2019. 1 Barrister and 1 solicitor as partners and 4 +1 staff. Turning over £250k last year they will hit £477k this year with an operating profit of 47%. 126 live cases with an approximate value of £160k. S1116
Kent. A Sole Practitioner in Kent who has been in practice on his own account since October 1998, conducting personal injury and clinical negligence claims. He is considering an exit strategy and the ideal way for him would be to find a firm that he can join as a Consultant, gradually handing over his case load and reducing his working days, with a view to retiring in 2-3 years. S1106
Ascot. A sole practitioner based in Ascot who wishes to merge with a firm of accountants to increase the range of value-add services which can be offered to both company’s clients. S1094
Shropshire. Established 2011 this limited company has three directors and one owner based in Shropshire. Turnover £603,890.00 NPT £110,000. Landlord & Tenant. Commercial and Residential conveyancing with CQS –on 50 panels. PI & Medical negligence. Company and commercial matters. 1 f/t solicitor, 2 fee earners and 2 administrators. S1062
South West London. We have a multiple opportunity offered within an established Law firm: An SRA regulated law firm based South West of London. Established in 2000. Specialists in French property law, Wills & Probate and Litigation. T/O £135k NBT Profit £80k. Full PI insurance cover in place. Part-time Secretary. Part-time accountant. Seeks: Either a buyer of the whole as a going concern. Or a buyer of the legal shell without the business. Or a merger. Or will make an investment in an enthusiastic start-up and provide the registered vehicle within which to operate. S1049
City of London. Based in the City this law firm is a limited company sole practitioner. SRA registered with current PI cover. 10% commercial litigation. 30% debt recovery. 50% landlord & tenant. 10% wills, trusts and tax planning. The firm currently has an outstanding complaint. The owner is seeking investment or a sale. S1080
Manchester based Family and PI specialists turnover £300k and £147k profit. Full details awaited. S1064
Manchester based sole practitioner. Commercial and Residential conveyancing specialists with immigration and wills and probate. On all the major panels with one assistant. S1072
London based practice. 2 partners and 10 employees turning over nearly £600k in residential and commercial conveyancing with housing, personal injury and wills & probate. S1074.
West Yorkshire. Long established law firm based in West Yorkshirenear M62/M1. Low overheads and no claims history. Mainly Conveyancing Crime and Wills and Probate with over 1,000 wills held. Turnover £160k with 45% net profit before tax. One partner to stay on as consultant or employed. 3 staff. Available with substantial freehold property for sale (POA) or short rental. Asking £50,000 In Closing discussions. S1063.
Thornton Heath. A sole practitioner based in a prominent position in Thornton Heath, established in 2007, is looking to convert to a limited company and sell his practice, and take up an appointment as a Judge. Willing to stay for a handover period. 90% Immigration with additional family, criminal, residential and commercial conveyancing and the balance in non-litigation activities. Turnover down slightly to £158k from £276k as a second partner is preparing to leave but profit up by 8% to 44%. The firm has a completely clean claims history. Asking price £90,000. S1061
London. Waiting details on a small London law practice. S1060
Staffordshire. An ABS structured limited company, regulated by the FCA, established as an ABS in 2012 and SRA registered and approved. Based in Staffordshire. Private client. Estate & Tax planning. Wills and Trusts. Conveyancing. 4,000 wills held. T/o £821,026 with net profit before tax of £206,933. 14 staff. A share swop would be considered with downpayment for the retiring director in the region of £250k. UNDER OFFER. S1059
Leeds. A single office of a law firm. Practice turnover £750,000 achieved in last 17 months. Highly profitable. Close to centre of Leeds. The owner will leave all furniture and the operational phone line (no change of number) and set up. They also have clinical negligence cases to pass on within the WIP. There's a lot of good will and walk in trade. Overheads are low. A quick sale is sought. Accounts available. Asking price £250k. S1058/1
Southport & Wigan. Sole practitioner with 7 employees. Conveyancing, civil litigation, personal injury, wills & probate. Sitting on six panels. £350k t/o with £45k net profit before tax. Work in progress includes 103 PI case inc 7 large matters with one at £10million. Asking £75,000. UNDER OFFER. S1055
Suffolk law firm Shell. Caseload has now sold but firm remains SRA registered. S1050
- North London based sole practitioner wishes to retire. Conveyancing (CQS registered) , Wills & Probate, Contract, Family, Professional negligence, General civil litigation. Turnover £213,655 with NBT of £38k. Asking £80k. S1047.
- Birmingham. Just been awarded 2 Criminal Contracts. Sub-contract from the CPS which can be 2 days a week. Current t/o of £150k. Asking £40k. S0138
- Newcastle upon Tyne, practicing Private Client, Property, Litigation and General Practice. Turnover to June 2016 £414,440 with a profit figure of £57,539. WIP £70k + 12 staff. Owner wishes to retire but happy for a long hand over period and / or an ongoing consultancy. S1033
- SW London. Established in 2000. Two Partner Practice. Specialists in French property law, Wills & Probate and Litigation. Cloud based software. T/O £136k & Net Profit £81k. Great company name. Will consider Seling (the business or shell), Merging or an ABS investment. Range of opportunities. LB2141
- Manchester area. Personal Injury Practice with a turnover of £400k and expecting to increase it's t/o this year to in excess of £500k. 8 staff. For sale with or without premises. SL1010
- Birmingham area. Law practice looking to sell or merge. Turnover of £1.3 million. Currently investing in high specification offices. Holds Crime, Prison Law & Matrimonial Franchises and transacts Conveyancing, Matrimonial Litigation & Wills. SL1013
- Bradford. Sole practitioner established since 1984 wishes to retire in 2018. Conveyancing. Immigration. General litigation. Landlord & Tenant - commercial & residential. Avg Turnover £250k. Avg Net profit before tax £60k. Approx 700 wills. 3 full time and 5 part time staff. No current marketing relying solely on repeat business at present. Asking £90k. S1048
- West Yorkshire. Crime, Conveyancing, Wills (1,000 on file) and Probate law firm. The firm currently outsources its cashiers role. Turnover of £159k with £71k net profit before tax to May 2017. Two partners will stay on, as required, for goodwill preservation. There are an additional 3 staff. The sale will include the property on a freehold basis if required. The firm was founded in 1916. S1052
- Stoke On Trent. Establised Sole practitioner wishing to retire. 50% conveyancing, Probate, Wills, Family law (c/w franchise). £25k PI fees. Approximate turnover of just under £400k, WIP of £85k. 2 lawyers, 1 legal exec. 1 licensed conveyancer & 7 legal secs. No local competition. 3,500 Wills. Hand over period as part of the agreement. S1030
- Manchester. High Street General Practice near the Town Centre (Landlord, Immigration, Family, Litigation, Conveyancing, Crime). LLP Registered. 2015 T/O of £428k which fell to £256k due to the Senior partners ill health. Three Fee Sharers, a Marketing person and Administrator. Established 1994. Ref; JHNP
- National Claims Management company for sale (Employment matters). Revenue £74k. NBT £24k. WIP of 50 cases. Average pipeline of 14 pm. SL1014
- North Wales. Conveyancing firm. Please contact us for more information. SL1017.
- North West London. Criminal practice (so to speak). £760k turnover with 36% net margins. SL1021.
- North West England. Crime Law Firm. Please contact us for more information. SL1020.
- North West England. High St practice. Turning over £292k. SL1023.
- North West London. Sole Practitioner. Family Law. Averaged 43% year on year growth over the last 3 years. 2 Paralegals. WIP approx £100k. No claims, liabilities, loans or overdraft. £3k PII premium. T/O to April 2014 of £115k. Asking price of £80k. S1027.
- North West London. Immigration firm. 12 yrs old. 2009 £250k - 2014 £400k. Current WIP £20k pm. Mainly Hispanic, Brazilian & Portuguese. Very low PII. 2 immigration lawyers, 1 paralegal and an assistant. Owner looking to retire. B2047
- East London. 2 partner practice (1 retiring immediately, 1 in 3 years). Conveyancing, Probate (1000 Wills held), Family (Domestic Violence & Care Proceedings Legal Aid Contract). Members of the Law Society Children's Panel. Expanding into Immigration. 2 Solicitors plus support staff. Turnover of approximately £350,000. S1028
- ABS in East London. Specialising in conveyancing looking for an investor / new partner to replace a departing partner. Currently two partners, two fee sharers and one receptionist. S1035
- South West Practice trading from two offices. Strong agricultural clientele in one location and conveyancing & wills in the other. Turnover has been approx £200k but last years figures show a reduced figure as the Principal has been winding down, slightly. S1036
- Lincolnshire based sole practitioner established since 1850, and incorporated in 2008. Over 6,000 wills held. This years t/o of £353,606. 7 staff (3 p/t, 2 to retire). Income via Company and commerical law 13%, Court of protection 4% (approx), Employment 1%, Landlord & Tenant 2%, Licensing law 4% (approx), Matrimonial and children's law 5%, Personal injury 6%, Property and conveyancing - Residential 16%, Commercial 5%, Wills and probate 44%. S1037
- South West London. High Street Legal Practice. Trading for over 30 years. Please contact us for more information. SL1019. Sold
- Two office firm in the Blackpool area looking to sell. One office owned. The other leased. Mostly Conveyancing & Probate work. Wills bank of 1,700. I shouldn't say this, slightly macabre, but the area is renowned for it's aging population. Looking at a purchase price of £115,000. Sold
- South Yorkshire Criminal practice (Doncaster 'ish area). Turnover approx £1 million pa. Will consider a sale, merger or external investment. Principal retiring due to ill health but will remain as a consultant if required. Very affable gent. Sold
- London Practice. Commercial (10%) & Immigration (90%) firm. Six full time staff including two business development managers. Turnover of approximately 900k. The Principal is prepared to act as a Consultant in the short term. London, WC1. Sold
- Conveyancing firm. Oldham, Greater Manchester. 2 full time staff and 5 part timers. No SRA issues. Last years turnover was £260k with £40k in profit (the current year is nearly double that). 63% residential conveyancing. 11% commercial conveyancing. Family, Wills & Probate and Private Client making up the rest. Wills bank of 2,500. Established over 25 years. Looking to sell may take a Partner or consider a merger.... Sold
- London Solicitors firm, Brixton SW9, looking for either a new Partner to join the business or a purchaser. Current turnover approximately £85 to £100k. Housing, Criminal, Prison Law & Mental Health franchises. Established since 1999. Sold
- London/Peterborough based law firm looking to acquire/merge with another firm in a major city... ideally London, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester or Liverpool with a turnover in the region of £0.5m - £2m. They have a strong infrastructure and clients that can be introduced. May also be able to financially assist the exit of partners if required. Currently focus on property and litigation work but have departments in several other areas of law.
- Watford firm closing it's doors. Very cheap PI costs. Established 3 years. Principal looking to act as a consultant. Very good brand. Essentially a shell through which another lawyer could hit the ground running. Will consider offers.
- Barnsley Mortgage Broker, with 6 advisors, wants to invest in a small conveyancing practice with the intent to grow the brand and develop Conveyancing and Wills & Probate work. Currently refers 50 plus cases to local firms.
- Manchester, top 30, law firm looking to buy personal injury and or conveyancing firms in the Northwest or London areas. The firms should be turning over from £1 to £3 million pa at this point.
- Proactive Manchester practice looking for firms, or sole practitioners, to merge with in the Family & Crime areas of the law. Various options considered. Turnover upto the million mark. In essence we're working with a young Managing Partner who's keen to grow a brand presence in the North West.
- Young lady, with Law Degree, looking to purchase or buy into a practice for approximately £80,000. Ideally in the Derby or Birmingham areas. Ideally wants to specialise in Family law. Will consider various options and scenarios.
- Australian firm looking to purchase a Debt Recovery practice. Ideally the firm will be turning over £1 - 2 million at present. The outline plan is to discreetly develop a nationwide brand. The parent company has a turnover of $2 billion and would be described as a serious player. They're looking to tie something together this year. Proactive, forward thinking, solicitors needed please.
- Successful businessman, former lawyer, with office space in his Harrow location looking to invest in / buy a small practice and fee share. He wishes to act as Practice Manager and work on strategy, business development and marketing in order to grow the firm.
- Sole Practitioner in Central London looking to expand, in conjunction with an existing Law Firm or solicitor, by setting up a new entity.
- Northwest Law Firm looking to purchase a firm in either Yorkshire or London currently turning over in excess of £1million. The turnover and size are more important than the areas of law covered.
- London Criminal & Fraud firm, turning over £2 million pa, looking to either sell or buy.
- Firm looking to purchase in the Camberley, Surrey, London areas. The turnover levels to be considered are around the £1million mark. Would like a broad range of income types. ie. Residential, Litigation, Probate etc
- A Two Partner Solicitors' Practice with two offices in Suffolk. The Principal is looking to retire and would be interested in selling the Practice as a going concern with at least one of the Partners being prepared and willing to remain after disposal. Turnover for the current year is in the region of £630K. The breakdown of the work is Residential Conveyancing [35%], Commercial Property [15%], Employment [3%], Wills, Trust + Probate [33%], Matrimonial [12%] and General Litigation [2%]. Apart from the two Partners, there are three fee earners, plus 9 full time and 6 part time support staff. The Practice operates from two offices both of which are owned by The Principal with a value of around £620K which The Principal would be willing to sell or lease as part of the disposal of the Practice. This practice holds a matrimonial legal aid franchise for both offices and has no significant claims with respect to professional indemnity insurance.
- A Sole Practitioners Solicitors' Practice with an office in a suburb of Birmingham, about 2½ - 3 miles from the city centre. The Principal is looking to retire and would be interested in selling the Practice as a going concern although he might be willing to remain after disposal for a short time to smooth the transition. Turnover for the current year is in the region of £75-£80K. The breakdown of the work is Residential Conveyancing [45%], Commercial Property [25%], Wills, Trust + Probate [27%] and Swearing Oaths/Affidavits [3%]. Apart from the Principal, there are 2 full time and 2 part time support staff. The Practice operates from leased offices in a densely populated, highly multi-ethnic and multi-cultural part of Birmingham. Established in 1976, the Practice has been managed by the present principal since 1983. This practice does not hold any legal aid franchises and has no claims with respect to professional indemnity insurance.
- A Solicitors' Practice based in the KT postcode area of Surrey. This is an unusual opportunity as it is the "stand-alone" private client division of a Commercial Practice based in London, WC1. The Principal is looking to dispose of the private client part of the Practice so that he can concentrate on expanding the commercial side of his business. Turnover for the current year is in the region of £1,000,000. The breakdown of the work is Residential Conveyancing [16%], Wills, Trust + Probate [16%] Civil Litigation [29%], Private Matrimonial [20%] and Legally Aided Matrimonial [19%]. There are eight full time fee earners, four secretaries, two accounts clerks and one receptionist. The Practice operates from about 3,000 sq. ft. of leased office space on the main road through an affluent Surrey village within the M25 which has a regular train service to London. It is also the only Practice in the village. However, this Practice is in an unusual position in that the lease could be terminated on a months' notice. Although there are excellent office facilities nearby, this offers the opportunity to relocate the Practice to another location or within another existing Practice without any property related penalties. This practice holds a matrimonial/family/children legal aid franchises and has no claims with respect to professional indemnity insurance.
- A Sole Practitioner Solicitors' Practice based in the CT postcode area of Thanet, N E Kent. The Principal is looking to dispose of his Practice as well as the freehold of the offices which he also owns in order to retire. Turnover for the current year is in the region of £62,000. The breakdown of the work is Residential Conveyancing [23%], Wills, Trust + Probate [50%] Commercial Property [7%], Private Matrimonial [15%], General Commercial [2%] and miscellaneous [3%]. There are is one part time secretary/receptionist but no other fee earners. The Practice operates from freehold offices of about 1,110 sq. ft. of office space on the main road through an affluent N E Kent town which has a regular train service to London. It is also the only Practice in the town. This practice does not hold any legal aid franchises and has no claims with respect to professional indemnity insurance.
- A Three Partner Solicitors' Practice based in the RH postcode area of West Sussex. The Principal is looking to dispose of his Practice as he plans to retire but would be willing to consider remaining after disposal to smooth the transition. Turnover for the current year is in the region of £400,000. The breakdown of the work is Residential Conveyancing [14%], Wills, Trust + Probate [79%], Commercial Property [3%] and Employment [4%]. In addition to the three Partners, there are three other fee earners, one self-employed consultant plus four full time equivalent support staff. The Practice operates from offices of about 1,900 sq. ft. of office space on a main road through an affluent West Sussex town which has a regular train service to London. Although the Practice has occupied their offices for a number of years, a lease has never been signed and so there would be an opportunity for a potential acquirer to transfer the offices to another location without any significant property related costs. This practice does not hold any legal aid franchises and has no claims with respect to professional indemnity insurance.
- We are delighted to have been retained by a Sole Practitioner Solicitors' Practice based in the CM postcode area of Mid Essex. The Principal is looking to dispose of her Practice as she plans to retire although she would be willing to remain after disposal for a short while to smooth the transition. Turnover for the current year is in the region of £150,000. The breakdown of the work is Residential Conveyancing [41%], Wills, Trust + Probate [47%], Commercial Property [3%], Private Matrimonial [5%], General Commercial [1%] and miscellaneous [3%]. In addition to the Principal, there are two part time support staff and three part time fee earners. The Practice operates from leasehold offices on the main road through an affluent mid Essex town which has a regular train service connecting to London. It is also the only Practice in the town. The town has a population of about 10,000 people, although it is a short distance to Colchester, Chelmsford, Southend, Billericay and Wickford. This practice does not hold any legal aid franchises and has no claims with respect to professional indemnity insurance. We believe this Practice would be of interest to Practices who would like to expand their exposure to private client work in the mid Essex area. We also anticipate enquiries from Firms in the provinces interested in expanding into Essex and would like to use this Practice as a platform to build an exposure to the lucrative legal environment of the aforementioned Essex towns. This practice would also be ideal for an individual looking to start up their first practice as this would be a fantastic opportunity for someone with a little energy and enthusiasm.
- Solicitors' Practice in North Wales seeks merger.
- Two Partner Mid Essex Litigation Practice for Sale.
- Pratice for Sale – TA Postcode area of Somerset
- Solicitors' Practice On The Berkshire/Surrey Borders Seeks Potential Merger
- Solicitors Practice for Sale - NE Postcode area
- Practice for Sale with offices in Leicestershire and Warwickshire
- Practice for Sale - Uxbridge Postcode area
- Conveyancing Practice for Sale - South East Essex
- Practice for Sale in the "LL" Postcode area of North Wales
- Practice for Sale in the "EN" Postcode area of Middlesex
- North London Practice For Sale
- High Street Solicitors' Practice for Sale - "TN" Postcode Area
- Solicitors' Practice for Sale - North West London
- High Street Solicitors' Practice for Sale - Essex / Thames Estuary
- Small North Bristol Practice interested in a merger or possible sale
- For Sale - Sole Practitioner, two office practice - Greater Manchester, North Cheshire
- Practice for Sale - Huyton, Liverpool