Buy a Law Firm
Please note; We charge an initial £500 + VAT for legal practises who wish to advertise here. Additionally if you're looking to sell a law firm and require a valuation please contact us separately.
For those who might want to sell a law firm, we have a US based business, NASDAQ listed, who wants to invest heavily in buying an ABS... We also have a firm looking to acquire PI WIP alone. Reference: B11139
Law Firms for Sale
The following opportunities may be of interest;
- Dagenham. Sole practitioner law firm established 1980. Dagenhambased (East of London). Commercial, Probate and Family. Member of Law Soc Children Panel. Converted to an LLP on 1stFeb 2014. High growth in Domestic Violence Dept. Profitable with growth forecast for2017 15-20%. Asking price of £150k. S1028
- East Sussex. Very profitable high street practice based in East Sussexis offered for sale due to the sole practitioners bad health. 2016/17 turnover £280k with last there years average profit before tax and drawings of 44%. MAINLY CONVEYANCING. Asking £140k. S1034
- South West London. We have a multiple opportunity offered within an established Law firm: An SRA regulated law firm based South West of London. Established in 2000. Specialists in French property law, Wills & Probate and Litigation. T/O £135k NBT Profit £80k. Full PI insurance cover in place. Part-time Secretary. Part-time accountant. Seeks: Either a buyer of the whole as a going concern. Or a buyer of the legal shell without the business. Or a merger. Or will make an investment in an enthusiastic start-up and provide the registered vehicle within which to operate. S1049
- Suffolk law firm Shell. Caseload has now sold but firm remains SRA registered. S1050
- Mayfair based high end law firm. Asking £1.5 million. Details on Application. S1051
- Southport & Wigan. Sole practitioner with 7 employees. Conveyancing, civil litigation, personal injury, wills & probate. Sitting on six panels. £350k t/o with £45k net profit before tax. Work in progress includes 103 PI case inc 7 large matters with one at £10million. Asking £75,000. UNDER OFFER. S1055
- Slough based 3 partner practice with 6 staff established 1998. PI, Family, Civil. Conveyancing (CQS) Immigration, Housing, Notary Public & Probate. Sitting on 15 panels. £780k t/o with £111k net profit before tax. Never borrowed nor had an overdraft in their 20 years. WIP approx £200k. Asking £350k or offers. S1056
- Leeds. A single office of a law firm. Practice turnover £750,000 achieved in last 17 months. Highly profitable. Close to centre of Leeds. The owner will leave all furniture and the operational phone line (no change of number) and set up. They also have clinical negligence cases to pass on within the WIP. There's a lot of good will and walk in trade. Overheads are low. A quick sale is sought. Accounts available. Asking price £250k. S1058/1
- Staffordshire. An ABS structured limited company, regulated by the FCA, established as an ABS in 2012 and SRA registered and approved. Based in Staffordshire. Private client. Estate & Tax planning. Wills and Trusts. Conveyancing. 4,000 wills held. T/o £821,026 with net profit before tax of £206,933. 14 staff. A share swop would be considered with downpayment for the retiring director in the region of £250k. UNDER OFFER. S1059
- London. Waiting details on a small London law practice. S1060
- Thornton Heath. A sole practitioner based in a prominent position in Thornton Heath, established in 2007, is looking to convert to a limited company and sell his practice, and take up an appointment as a Judge. Willing to stay for a handover period. 90% Immigration with additional family, criminal, residential and commercial conveyancing and the balance in non-litigation activities. Turnover down slightly to £158k from £276k as a second partner is preparing to leave but profit up by 8% to 44%. The firm has a completely clean claims history. Asking price £90,000. S1061
- Shropshire. Established 2011 this limited company has three directors and one owner based in Shropshire. Turnover £603,890.00 NPT £110,000. Landlord & Tenant. Commercial and Residential conveyancing with CQS –on 50 panels. PI & Medical negligence. Company and commercial matters. 1 f/t solicitor, 2 fee earners and 2 administrators. S1062
- West Yorkshire. S1063Long established law firm based in West Yorkshirenear M62/M1. Low overheads and no claims history. Mainly Conveyancing Crime and Wills and Probate with over 1,000 wills held. Turnover £160k with 45% net profit before tax. One partner to stay on as consultant or employed. 3 staff. Available with substantial freehold property for sale (POA) or short rental. Asking £50,000 In Closing discussions. S1063
- Manchester based Family and PI specialists turnover £300k and £147k profit. Full details awaited. S1064
- Manchester based sole practitioner. Commercial and Residential conveyancing specialists with immigration and wills and probate. On all the major panels with one assistant. S1072
- London based practice. 2 partners and 10 employees turning over nearly £600k in residential and commercial conveyancing with housing, personal injury and wills & probate. S1074
- Hampshire .A Notary Practice regulated not by the SRA but the Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury. Focusingexclusively on legal advice to older people, the disabled, their carersand their families. Non-means tested funding of care, powers of attorney and the Court of Protection, as well as the more traditional areas of inheritance tax, wills, probate and trusts.Turnover av £250k. Comprising probate 56%, POA/COP 21%, residential conveyancing 13%, Wills 8%, Notary 2%. No legal aid franchises held. Not on any conveyancing panels. S1076
- West London based practice details awaited. S1078
- North East & South West. A law firm with offices based in the North East and South Westhas a new SRA registered ABS law firmin which they are looking for lawyers to join them as co-owners. They would run the back office and support services including COLP and COFA. S1079
- City of London. Based in the City this law firm is a limited company sole practitioner. SRA registered with current PI cover. 10% commercial litigation. 30% debt recovery. 50% landlord & tenant. 10% wills, trusts and tax planning. The firm currently has an outstanding complaint. The owner is seeking investment or a sale. S1080
- Birmingham. Coming shortly a Birmingham based £2.5 million turnover high street firm. Details will be released as soon as possible. S1081
Hertfordshire. Sole Practitioner selling a Family Law law firm. Last years turnover was £133k with net profit before tax of £66k. 2 Paralegals. No claims, liabilities loans or overdrafts. £3k PI premium. Rented premises. Referral and web business only. S1082
- Peterborough. £600k turnover with £100k profit. Family Legal Aid Contract, Conveyancing, Wills & Probate (2,300 Wills), Civil Litigation and Commercial. Impressive Lexcel report. The Principal will remain for upto 2 years to ensure a smooth transition. S1093
- B11065. Wanted to acquire a law firm with a Family Legal Aid contract.
- B11139. URGENTLY WANTED. Any law firm with Personal Injury WIP, or our client will buy the PI WIP alone.
- B11150. Any law firm, big or small, based in the North East of England.
- B11176. TRAINING CONTRACT sought in the NORTH WEST for a bright young student. There are no charges associated with this introduction.
- Greater London area. Overseas private investor urgently seeking well established law firm specialising in corporate/commercial law. BL2014
- Greater London area. Criminal lawyer looking to invest in a legal aid practice, with or without WIP or staff. BL2018
- Greater London area. Overseas investor looking for an immigration practice in the South West London area. BL2024
- Trio of practicing lawyers looking for a law firm "Shell" preferably with PI specialism. BL2034/5
- North London. General Law Practice required by overseas buyer and qualified lawyer. BL2040
- London or South East. Investment into an ABS of £500k to £2,000,000. Solicitor and Barrister Chambers. No particular area of law required although Family Law and Immigration would be of interest. B2107
- England. Our US based client is looking to purchase a UK, SRA registered, ABS in it's entirety, including leasehold or freehold premises if available, for up to £2 million. Thereafter they are willing to make a significant investment in any acquisition, or acquisitions, to add the following skill-sets to those already held by the vendor. Cyber security. Privacy. Intellectual property. Tax. Corporate governance. B11071
As always we welcome Fee Sharing lawyers and currently have firms through out England & Wales looking for such individuals. We currently have an urgent requirement for an Immigration Solicitor (Fee Sharing) in North London.
If you'd like to discuss listing your firm for sale, on a P&C basis, or wish to discuss the opportunities above please contact either myself or Nick Parker for further details via 0845 603 0708 or email@example.com.
Alternatively please follow us on Twitter via twitter.com/@Legalbrokers
Legal Brokers Ltd
Law Firm Sales, Purchases and Valuations
- North London based sole practitioner wishes to retire. Conveyancing (CQS registered) , Wills & Probate, Contract, Family, Professional negligence, General civil litigation. Turnover £213,655 with NBT of £38k. Asking £80k. S1047.
- Birmingham. Just been awarded 2 Criminal Contracts. Sub-contract from the CPS which can be 2 days a week. Current t/o of £150k. Asking £40k. S0138
- Newcastle upon Tyne, practicing Private Client, Property, Litigation and General Practice. Turnover to June 2016 £414,440 with a profit figure of £57,539. WIP £70k + 12 staff. Owner wishes to retire but happy for a long hand over period and / or an ongoing consultancy. S1033
- SW London. Established in 2000. Two Partner Practice. Specialists in French property law, Wills & Probate and Litigation. Cloud based software. T/O £136k & Net Profit £81k. Great company name. Will consider Seling (the business or shell), Merging or an ABS investment. Range of opportunities. LB2141
- Manchester area. Personal Injury Practice with a turnover of £400k and expecting to increase it's t/o this year to in excess of £500k. 8 staff. For sale with or without premises. SL1010
- Birmingham area. Law practice looking to sell or merge. Turnover of £1.3 million. Currently investing in high specification offices. Holds Crime, Prison Law & Matrimonial Franchises and transacts Conveyancing, Matrimonial Litigation & Wills. SL1013
- Bradford. Sole practitioner established since 1984 wishes to retire in 2018. Conveyancing. Immigration. General litigation. Landlord & Tenant - commercial & residential. Avg Turnover £250k. Avg Net profit before tax £60k. Approx 700 wills. 3 full time and 5 part time staff. No current marketing relying solely on repeat business at present. Asking £90k. S1048
- West Yorkshire. Crime, Conveyancing, Wills (1,000 on file) and Probate law firm. The firm currently outsources its cashiers role. Turnover of £159k with £71k net profit before tax to May 2017. Two partners will stay on, as required, for goodwill preservation. There are an additional 3 staff. The sale will include the property on a freehold basis if required. The firm was founded in 1916. S1052
- Stoke On Trent. Establised Sole practitioner wishing to retire. 50% conveyancing, Probate, Wills, Family law (c/w franchise). £25k PI fees. Approximate turnover of just under £400k, WIP of £85k. 2 lawyers, 1 legal exec. 1 licensed conveyancer & 7 legal secs. No local competition. 3,500 Wills. Hand over period as part of the agreement. S1030
- Manchester. High Street General Practice near the Town Centre (Landlord, Immigration, Family, Litigation, Conveyancing, Crime). LLP Registered. 2015 T/O of £428k which fell to £256k due to the Senior partners ill health. Three Fee Sharers, a Marketing person and Administrator. Established 1994. Ref; JHNP
- National Claims Management company for sale (Employment matters). Revenue £74k. NBT £24k. WIP of 50 cases. Average pipeline of 14 pm. SL1014
- North Wales. Conveyancing firm. Please contact us for more information. SL1017.
- North West London. Criminal practice (so to speak). £760k turnover with 36% net margins. SL1021.
- North West England. Crime Law Firm. Please contact us for more information. SL1020.
- North West England. High St practice. Turning over £292k. SL1023.
- North West London. Sole Practitioner. Family Law. Averaged 43% year on year growth over the last 3 years. 2 Paralegals. WIP approx £100k. No claims, liabilities, loans or overdraft. £3k PII premium. T/O to April 2014 of £115k. Asking price of £80k. S1027.
- North West London. Immigration firm. 12 yrs old. 2009 £250k - 2014 £400k. Current WIP £20k pm. Mainly Hispanic, Brazilian & Portuguese. Very low PII. 2 immigration lawyers, 1 paralegal and an assistant. Owner looking to retire. B2047
- East London. 2 partner practice (1 retiring immediately, 1 in 3 years). Conveyancing, Probate (1000 Wills held), Family (Domestic Violence & Care Proceedings Legal Aid Contract). Members of the Law Society Children's Panel. Expanding into Immigration. 2 Solicitors plus support staff. Turnover of approximately £350,000. S1028
- ABS in East London. Specialising in conveyancing looking for an investor / new partner to replace a departing partner. Currently two partners, two fee sharers and one receptionist. S1035
- South West Practice trading from two offices. Strong agricultural clientele in one location and conveyancing & wills in the other. Turnover has been approx £200k but last years figures show a reduced figure as the Principal has been winding down, slightly. S1036
- Lincolnshire based sole practitioner established since 1850, and incorporated in 2008. Over 6,000 wills held. This years t/o of £353,606. 7 staff (3 p/t, 2 to retire). Income via Company and commerical law 13%, Court of protection 4% (approx), Employment 1%, Landlord & Tenant 2%, Licensing law 4% (approx), Matrimonial and children's law 5%, Personal injury 6%, Property and conveyancing - Residential 16%, Commercial 5%, Wills and probate 44%. S1037
- South West London. High Street Legal Practice. Trading for over 30 years. Please contact us for more information. SL1019. Sold
- Two office firm in the Blackpool area looking to sell. One office owned. The other leased. Mostly Conveyancing & Probate work. Wills bank of 1,700. I shouldn't say this, slightly macabre, but the area is renowned for it's aging population. Looking at a purchase price of £115,000. Sold
- South Yorkshire Criminal practice (Doncaster 'ish area). Turnover approx £1 million pa. Will consider a sale, merger or external investment. Principal retiring due to ill health but will remain as a consultant if required. Very affable gent. Sold
- London Practice. Commercial (10%) & Immigration (90%) firm. Six full time staff including two business development managers. Turnover of approximately 900k. The Principal is prepared to act as a Consultant in the short term. London, WC1. Sold
- Conveyancing firm. Oldham, Greater Manchester. 2 full time staff and 5 part timers. No SRA issues. Last years turnover was £260k with £40k in profit (the current year is nearly double that). 63% residential conveyancing. 11% commercial conveyancing. Family, Wills & Probate and Private Client making up the rest. Wills bank of 2,500. Established over 25 years. Looking to sell may take a Partner or consider a merger.... Sold
- London Solicitors firm, Brixton SW9, looking for either a new Partner to join the business or a purchaser. Current turnover approximately £85 to £100k. Housing, Criminal, Prison Law & Mental Health franchises. Established since 1999. Sold
- London/Peterborough based law firm looking to acquire/merge with another firm in a major city... ideally London, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester or Liverpool with a turnover in the region of £0.5m - £2m. They have a strong infrastructure and clients that can be introduced. May also be able to financially assist the exit of partners if required. Currently focus on property and litigation work but have departments in several other areas of law.
- Watford firm closing it's doors. Very cheap PI costs. Established 3 years. Principal looking to act as a consultant. Very good brand. Essentially a shell through which another lawyer could hit the ground running. Will consider offers.
- Barnsley Mortgage Broker, with 6 advisors, wants to invest in a small conveyancing practice with the intent to grow the brand and develop Conveyancing and Wills & Probate work. Currently refers 50 plus cases to local firms.
- Manchester, top 30, law firm looking to buy personal injury and or conveyancing firms in the Northwest or London areas. The firms should be turning over from £1 to £3 million pa at this point.
- Proactive Manchester practice looking for firms, or sole practitioners, to merge with in the Family & Crime areas of the law. Various options considered. Turnover upto the million mark. In essence we're working with a young Managing Partner who's keen to grow a brand presence in the North West.
- Young lady, with Law Degree, looking to purchase or buy into a practice for approximately £80,000. Ideally in the Derby or Birmingham areas. Ideally wants to specialise in Family law. Will consider various options and scenarios.
- Australian firm looking to purchase a Debt Recovery practice. Ideally the firm will be turning over £1 - 2 million at present. The outline plan is to discreetly develop a nationwide brand. The parent company has a turnover of $2 billion and would be described as a serious player. They're looking to tie something together this year. Proactive, forward thinking, solicitors needed please.
- Successful businessman, former lawyer, with office space in his Harrow location looking to invest in / buy a small practice and fee share. He wishes to act as Practice Manager and work on strategy, business development and marketing in order to grow the firm.
- Sole Practitioner in Central London looking to expand, in conjunction with an existing Law Firm or solicitor, by setting up a new entity.
- Northwest Law Firm looking to purchase a firm in either Yorkshire or London currently turning over in excess of £1million. The turnover and size are more important than the areas of law covered.
- London Criminal & Fraud firm, turning over £2 million pa, looking to either sell or buy.
- Firm looking to purchase in the Camberley, Surrey, London areas. The turnover levels to be considered are around the £1million mark. Would like a broad range of income types. ie. Residential, Litigation, Probate etc
- A Two Partner Solicitors' Practice with two offices in Suffolk. The Principal is looking to retire and would be interested in selling the Practice as a going concern with at least one of the Partners being prepared and willing to remain after disposal. Turnover for the current year is in the region of £630K. The breakdown of the work is Residential Conveyancing [35%], Commercial Property [15%], Employment [3%], Wills, Trust + Probate [33%], Matrimonial [12%] and General Litigation [2%]. Apart from the two Partners, there are three fee earners, plus 9 full time and 6 part time support staff. The Practice operates from two offices both of which are owned by The Principal with a value of around £620K which The Principal would be willing to sell or lease as part of the disposal of the Practice. This practice holds a matrimonial legal aid franchise for both offices and has no significant claims with respect to professional indemnity insurance.
- A Sole Practitioners Solicitors' Practice with an office in a suburb of Birmingham, about 2½ - 3 miles from the city centre. The Principal is looking to retire and would be interested in selling the Practice as a going concern although he might be willing to remain after disposal for a short time to smooth the transition. Turnover for the current year is in the region of £75-£80K. The breakdown of the work is Residential Conveyancing [45%], Commercial Property [25%], Wills, Trust + Probate [27%] and Swearing Oaths/Affidavits [3%]. Apart from the Principal, there are 2 full time and 2 part time support staff. The Practice operates from leased offices in a densely populated, highly multi-ethnic and multi-cultural part of Birmingham. Established in 1976, the Practice has been managed by the present principal since 1983. This practice does not hold any legal aid franchises and has no claims with respect to professional indemnity insurance.
- A Solicitors' Practice based in the KT postcode area of Surrey. This is an unusual opportunity as it is the "stand-alone" private client division of a Commercial Practice based in London, WC1. The Principal is looking to dispose of the private client part of the Practice so that he can concentrate on expanding the commercial side of his business. Turnover for the current year is in the region of £1,000,000. The breakdown of the work is Residential Conveyancing [16%], Wills, Trust + Probate [16%] Civil Litigation [29%], Private Matrimonial [20%] and Legally Aided Matrimonial [19%]. There are eight full time fee earners, four secretaries, two accounts clerks and one receptionist. The Practice operates from about 3,000 sq. ft. of leased office space on the main road through an affluent Surrey village within the M25 which has a regular train service to London. It is also the only Practice in the village. However, this Practice is in an unusual position in that the lease could be terminated on a months' notice. Although there are excellent office facilities nearby, this offers the opportunity to relocate the Practice to another location or within another existing Practice without any property related penalties. This practice holds a matrimonial/family/children legal aid franchises and has no claims with respect to professional indemnity insurance.
- A Sole Practitioner Solicitors' Practice based in the CT postcode area of Thanet, N E Kent. The Principal is looking to dispose of his Practice as well as the freehold of the offices which he also owns in order to retire. Turnover for the current year is in the region of £62,000. The breakdown of the work is Residential Conveyancing [23%], Wills, Trust + Probate [50%] Commercial Property [7%], Private Matrimonial [15%], General Commercial [2%] and miscellaneous [3%]. There are is one part time secretary/receptionist but no other fee earners. The Practice operates from freehold offices of about 1,110 sq. ft. of office space on the main road through an affluent N E Kent town which has a regular train service to London. It is also the only Practice in the town. This practice does not hold any legal aid franchises and has no claims with respect to professional indemnity insurance.
- A Three Partner Solicitors' Practice based in the RH postcode area of West Sussex. The Principal is looking to dispose of his Practice as he plans to retire but would be willing to consider remaining after disposal to smooth the transition. Turnover for the current year is in the region of £400,000. The breakdown of the work is Residential Conveyancing [14%], Wills, Trust + Probate [79%], Commercial Property [3%] and Employment [4%]. In addition to the three Partners, there are three other fee earners, one self-employed consultant plus four full time equivalent support staff. The Practice operates from offices of about 1,900 sq. ft. of office space on a main road through an affluent West Sussex town which has a regular train service to London. Although the Practice has occupied their offices for a number of years, a lease has never been signed and so there would be an opportunity for a potential acquirer to transfer the offices to another location without any significant property related costs. This practice does not hold any legal aid franchises and has no claims with respect to professional indemnity insurance.
- We are delighted to have been retained by a Sole Practitioner Solicitors' Practice based in the CM postcode area of Mid Essex. The Principal is looking to dispose of her Practice as she plans to retire although she would be willing to remain after disposal for a short while to smooth the transition. Turnover for the current year is in the region of £150,000. The breakdown of the work is Residential Conveyancing [41%], Wills, Trust + Probate [47%], Commercial Property [3%], Private Matrimonial [5%], General Commercial [1%] and miscellaneous [3%]. In addition to the Principal, there are two part time support staff and three part time fee earners. The Practice operates from leasehold offices on the main road through an affluent mid Essex town which has a regular train service connecting to London. It is also the only Practice in the town. The town has a population of about 10,000 people, although it is a short distance to Colchester, Chelmsford, Southend, Billericay and Wickford. This practice does not hold any legal aid franchises and has no claims with respect to professional indemnity insurance. We believe this Practice would be of interest to Practices who would like to expand their exposure to private client work in the mid Essex area. We also anticipate enquiries from Firms in the provinces interested in expanding into Essex and would like to use this Practice as a platform to build an exposure to the lucrative legal environment of the aforementioned Essex towns. This practice would also be ideal for an individual looking to start up their first practice as this would be a fantastic opportunity for someone with a little energy and enthusiasm.
- Solicitors' Practice in North Wales seeks merger.
- Two Partner Mid Essex Litigation Practice for Sale.
- Pratice for Sale – TA Postcode area of Somerset
- Solicitors' Practice On The Berkshire/Surrey Borders Seeks Potential Merger
- Solicitors Practice for Sale - NE Postcode area
- Practice for Sale with offices in Leicestershire and Warwickshire
- Practice for Sale - Uxbridge Postcode area
- Conveyancing Practice for Sale - South East Essex
- Practice for Sale in the "LL" Postcode area of North Wales
- Practice for Sale in the "EN" Postcode area of Middlesex
- North London Practice For Sale
- High Street Solicitors' Practice for Sale - "TN" Postcode Area
- Solicitors' Practice for Sale - North West London
- High Street Solicitors' Practice for Sale - Essex / Thames Estuary
- Small North Bristol Practice interested in a merger or possible sale
- For Sale - Sole Practitioner, two office practice - Greater Manchester, North Cheshire
- Practice for Sale - Huyton, Liverpool